From jaw dripping savories to dessert, cheese is one of the most versatile ingredients used in many dishes. It has no known limitations. Whether it’s about some kind of get-together or just randomly chilling and planning to enjoy restaurant food, cheese dishes have been the showstopper.
Cheese is neither going to get too old to try nor too outdated to spend your money on. It is something you would never want to miss out on in the buffet. Cheesy dishes are a whole mood themselves. Even if you are on a diet, you can still spare your cheat days on cheesy delights because it is worth it.
Apart from the main courses and desserts, cheese has been an important ingredient of many soups. Some of you might have tried them too, but for the rest, we will make it even easier by presenting some of the easiest cheese soup recipes that can be tried at home. So, let’s get started.
1. Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup
This soup is famous because it uses some of the simplest ingredients that are easily available at home. Soup that is luscious yet simple is something we all need, right?
- 100 grams bacon
- 1 chopped onion
- 5 to 6 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 and ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Cook the bacon on medium heat until it achieves a crunchy texture.
- Add chopped onion to another pan and cook it for about five minutes. Don’t let it get brown.
- Add finely chopped or mashed potatoes and water. Cook this mixture and let it boil.
- Lower the heat and let the potatoes tender for about 15 to 20 minutes with the lid covered but often stir in between.
- Remove half of the soup from the pan and blend it in a blender.
- Pour the blended mixture back to the pan.
- Lower the heat and add cheese, and stir till it’s nice and melted.
- Check the taste and adjust according to your taste.
- Top your hot and steamy cheese and potato soup with bacon and enjoy.
2. Broccoli Cheese Soup
This cheesy green soup is something you must try. Broccoli adds freshness, while cheese being enriched with creamy royal texture takes this soup to the next level.
The best thing about this soup is that it contains amazing benefits of broccoli that we usually miss out on. Broccoli cheese soup is enriched with vitamin C and is good when you are on a weight loss diet. It is gluten-free as well.
- Unsalted Butter: 3 tablespoons
- Onion: 2 medium-sized
- Peeled garlic: 4 to 5 cloves
- Russet potato: 1 large
- Broccoli: 3 to 4 medium-sized
- Water: around 6 cups
- Cheddar cheese: 6 to 8 ounces
- Salt: 1 and a half teaspoons
- Red chili flakes: half teaspoon
- Black pepper to taste
- Take a pan and melt the butter on medium heat.
- Add chopped onions and garlic along with salt and pepper.
- Stir and cover the pot with a lid for about 10 minutes. Let the onions get golden brown.
- Now, it’s time to add the main ingredient, the broccoli stalks that have been nicely cut and set aside.
- Pour water.
- Increase the heat and let the mixture boil for a while.
- Then reduce the heat to medium and cover the pot.
- Cook the broccoli stalks until tender for about 30 minutes.
- Now add broccoli florets and cook for 5 minutes.
- Separate about half of the mixture and return it after blending.
- Add some more florets and cook for 5 minutes until they are bright green in color and tender enough to be easily pierced by the fork.
- Add our showstopper, cheddar cheese, in the soup mixture and wait until it melts on low to medium heat.
- Pour the broccoli cheese soup into your bowls and top it with whatever you like. Enjoy the healthy and heavenly cheesy delight.
3. Onion Cheese Soup
You might be new to this onion cheese soup recipe. But isn’t it amazing that you can make a dish like soup with an ingredient as simple as onion? Let’s check out the recipe.
- Onion: 1 large
- Butter: 3 tablespoons
- All-purpose flour: 3 tablespoons
- Milk: 4 cups
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Pepper according to taste
- Cheese: 2 cups
- Sauté one onion in a pan.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper and stir continuously. There should be no interruption in stirring. Cook till blended.
- Start adding milk gradually and continue stirring for 2 minutes to form a creamy batter. It will not take more than 2 minutes.
- Now, add cheese and stir until it melts completely.
- It indeed is one of the quickest yet mouthwatering soups you will ever have with the simplest of ingredients.
4. Cheesy Meatball Soup
The name of this soup triggers salivation. This rich and luscious soup made with meatballs, veggies, and cheese is a whole meal. You won’t be left with an empty room in your stomach, and that’s the best thing about it.
- Egg: 1
- Dried bread crumbs: 1-4th cup
- Beef: 1lb
- Water: 2 cups
- Carrots: 1-4th cup
- Onion: half cup chopped
- Hot pepper sauce: half teaspoon
- Cheese dip
- Take a bowl. Mix eggs, bread crumbs, and salt.
- Shape beef into balls and crumble them in the mixture.
- Take a pan and turn on the heat. Cook meatballs and then add water, onion, carrots, and veggies of your choice. Wait for a boil.
- Next, lower the heat and cook for about 25 minutes straight on a low to medium flame until everything is perfectly cooked and tender.
- Pour a good amount of cheese dip into your soup.
- Serve it in your bowls topped with sauces of your choice.
This cheese meatball soup is one of the creamy and rich soups. You should not be the one missing out on it.
5. Mac and Cheese Soup
The mixture of macaroni and cheese gives richness to your tongue. It is one of the recipes that you will not stop trying again and again if you try once. Let us go straight into the recipe.
- Chicken bouillon granules: 5 teaspoons
- Shredded carrots: 2 large
- Onion: 1 chopped
- Green pepper: 1 chopped
- Butter: 1 cup
- Elbow macaroni: 2 and a half cups
- All-purpose flour: about 1 cup
- Whole milk: 5 to 6 cups
- Velveeta: 1lb cubed
- Boil water and bouillon in a pot.
- Add shredded carrots, green pepper, and onion. Cook the mixture for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add macaroni and boil them too by covering the lid.
- After 2 minutes, remove it from the flame. Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Take another pan. Melt the butter in it.
- Add flour and keep stirring until a thick creamy texture appears. Keep the flame low.
- Add milk slowly, and don’t stop stirring the mixture.
- After the milk has been blended with the flour, add cheese into the creamy soup batter.
- Stir the cheese until melted completely.
This mac and cheese soup is going to be everyone’s favorite at your home. Enjoy this delicious recipe with your family and friends.
6. Tomato Cheese Recipe
This is a pizza cum tomato soup. After trying this recipe, you will mold your tomato soup into this.
- Tomato puree: 2 tomatoes
- Carrots: 2 medium-sized shredded
- Peas: half cup
- Salt: to taste
- Cabbage: 1-4th cup
- Macaroni: half cup
- Water: 2 cups
- Tomato ketchup: two tablespoons
- Sugar: a pinch
- Salt, red chili flakes, oregano, and black pepper to taste
- Sauté all the vegetables in oil.
- Add tomato puree and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add boiled leftover macaroni or uncooked macaroni.
- Let macaroni boil and add water. Cover the lid and allow it to simmer for a while.
- Add two tablespoons of tomato ketchup and salt to taste.
- Add a pinch of sugar for taste.
- Now add red chili flakes and black pepper to taste.
- Once the macaroni is perfectly cooked, and veggies are done, add cheese on top and allow it to melt.
- Your amazing tomato cheese soup is ready to be served. Sprinkle the oregano on top
Cheesy Soups for Cheese Lovers
It is a common saying that food makes a depressed person happy. Why just food, then? Go for cheesy foods to boost your mood! These cheese soups are not just delicious but loaded with nutrition as well. So, try these recipes and share them with your cheese lover friends as well.