For many people, cheese and potatoes are some of the best foods out there. They are also versatile as you can add them to any dish, and they can also be eaten alone as snacks. If you are craving cheese and potatoes, why not combine them to make a delicious dish? If you are looking for recipes that involve both cheese and potatoes, you’ve come to the right place. Today, we are going to share with you a list of easy cheese and potato dish recipes. You can recreate all of these at home and serve them to your family or friends anytime and for any occasion.
1. Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes
This is a classic French dish that has a new twist with the added creamy cheese sauce and tender potatoes. It is a perfect side dish for beef tenderloin or a roast pork loin. You can also add some green salad and French bread for a perfect combination. This dish is very easy to make. It only takes about 30 minutes to prepare and an hour and a half to cook.
Here are the ingredients you need:
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 onion
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 and ½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or 200°C. Get a medium casserole dish and put some butter on it.
- Slice the potatoes into ¼ inch slices and layer ½ of them into the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Top them with onion slices and add the remaining potatoes. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Get a medium-sized saucepan and melt some butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour and salt and stir it continuously using a whish for about a minute. After that, stir in the milk. Let it cook until the mixture has thickened. Then, stir in the cheese all at once and continue mixing until melted.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes, then cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for about one and a half hours and serve.
2. Easy Cheesy Potatoes
This is another potato casserole dish that will elevate any meal into a feast. You can serve it with baked chicken legs, roasted pork tenderloin, or glazed ham. This recipe involves potatoes, lots of cheddar cheese, butter, sour cream, green onions, and soup. Almost any kind of potatoes will work well with this dish. Cheddar is the best cheese to use as it produces the best sauce that is rich and flavorful. You can visit Spend with Pennies for detailed instructions on how to cook this cheesy potato dish.
3. Crispy Cheese and Bacon Potatoes
This dish is composed of crispy roasted potatoes, topped with melting cheese and lots of crisp bacon. It is a great dish and a side dish too. You can serve them with eggs for breakfast or with roasted chicken for dinner. The secret is by roasting it for a long time and drizzling it with bacon grease. It has a smoky bacon flavor that everyone will surely love. It is quite simple to make but requires a little extra time in the oven. You can check out the detailed recipe of this cheesy potato dish at Barefeet in the Kitchen.
4. Cheesy Potato Bake
This is a simple and easy-to-make cheese and potato dish but is delicious. Here are the ingredients you need:
- 60 grams of butter
- ¼ cup of plain flour
- 2 1/3 cups of milk
- 2 cups of grated cheese
- 1.2 kg of potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 356°F. Get a baking dish that is 6cm deep and 24cm square and grease it.
- In a heavy-based saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the flour and cook them while stirring continuously for 2 minutes, until the mixture becomes bubbly. After that, remove it from heat. Add the milk slowly and stir it constantly until they are well combined. Place it back on the heat and let it cook. Continue stirring until the sauce comes to a boil.
- Add 1 ½ cups of cheese and continue stirring to combine.
- Over the base of the baking dish, arrange one-third of the potatoes, overlapping a bit. Put some salt and pepper to tasted. Spoon 1/3 of the cheese sauce over the potatoes. Repeat this process twice, then sprinkle the remaining cheese.
- Bake it for an hour until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden. Serve and enjoy.
5. Cheesy Potato Casserole
This recipe is a family legend, and there are certainly no leftovers when it is served. It is also very easy to make as it is a simplified potato casserole recipe. It is a great dish to serve for dinners and holidays. All you need is a large bowl to combine all the ingredients and cook it in the oven for 45 minutes. If you want to learn how to make this cheesy potato dish, you can check out the recipe at Pillsbury.
6. Creamy Cheese & Potato Bake
This one is a comforting cheesy potato bake. It is a perfect dish to accompany a hearty meat meal in the winter. All you need for this recipe are some potatoes, onion, butter, white wine, milk, double cream, sage leaves, and gruyere cheese. You can visit BBC Good Food for the full recipe of this cheesy potato dish.
7. Oven-Baked Cheesy Potatoes
This is another delicious potato recipe that you can add to your easy-to-make cheesy dishes. It is an oven-baked dish that you can easily make for dinner. All you need are some red potatoes, coconut oil, granulated garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, and shredded mozzarella cheese. You can check out the recipe of this cheesy potato dish at Tastes of Lizzy T.
8. Four-Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
This dish is composed of rich, creamy, and cheesy potatoes, which is a crowd favorite. What you need to make this delicious dish are some unsalted butter, garlic, shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded asiago cheese, shredded raclette or comte cheese, russet potatoes, kosher salt, pepper, heavy cream, grated nutmeg, bay leaves, and grated parmesan cheese. If you want to make this four-cheese scalloped potatoes dish at home, you can view the full recipe at Food Network.
9. Cheesy Roasted Potatoes with Bacon
This dish includes mini golden potatoes that are roasted with garlic, cheddar cheese, and bacon. This can be a main dish or an amazing side dish for all occasions. Preparing this is also easy and only takes about 30 minutes. All you need are some bacon, potatoes, garlic, salt, black pepper, green onion stalks, and shredded sharp cheddar cheese. You can find the recipe for this cheesy potato dish at Rasa Malaysia.
10. Rosemary & Cheddar Cheese Potato Gratin
This is probably the cheesiest way to eat potatoes. It is a great main dish but can also be added to some roasted lamb or chicken. It is lusciously creamy and very fast, and easy to make. What you need are some starchy potatoes, garlic, butter, salt, pepper, grated cheddar cheese, cream, and dried rosemary. For the full recipe, you can visit ikneadtoeat.
These are some of the easy cheese and potato dishes we can recommend. All of these will surely satisfy your cravings for cheese and potatoes. You can serve these dishes any time of the day and for all occasions, too.